Dr. Dwight Steward, Ph.D.
Dwight Steward, Ph.D. is an economist and statistician, and principal of EmployStats. Dr. Steward has performed research on a range of topics since 1997. He often works on high profile projects, and regularly speaks, writes and teaches about the economic and statistical methodologies employed in his research. He conducts research for attorneys, businesses and governmental agencies on a wide range of topics. Dr. Dwight Steward is knowledgeable about various topics, including FLSA and wage and hour violations, individual earnings losses, and employment discrimination.
Dr. Dwight Steward has penned expert reports and testified on related issues in Federal and State cases across the country. He has also provided research in internal wage and hour audits, work place investigations, and damage exposure analyses to businesses and government agencies operating in a variety of industries.
Dr. Dwight Steward also regularly writes and speaks on business and individual economic damages, employment audits, and the analysis of payroll and time data in wage and hour investigations.
Dr. Dwight Steward has held teaching positions at The University of Texas-Austin in the Department of Economics and The Red McCombs School of Business, The College of Business at Sam Houston State University, and The University of Iowa. He has taught a variety of courses in statistics, corporate finance, business policies, labor economics, microeconomics, and managerial economics.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Iowa; Dissertation: ‘Bank Mergers and Managerial Efficiency’, 1995
- B.A., Economics, University of Texas at Austin; U.S. Army Officer Commission, Field Artillery, 1990
- President, University of Texas at Austin Army ROTC Alumni Association, 2007-2009
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society Member
- Member: American Economic Association, National Association of Forensic Economists, Southern Economic Association, Western Economic Association
- Principal, EmployStats, 2008-present
- Senior Lecturer, University of Texas at Austin, Department of Economics, 2010 – present
- Practice Director, Econ One, 2005-2008
- Principal, Steward Research Group, 1997-2005
- Senior Lecturer, University of Texas at Austin, Department of Economics, 1997-2003
- Visiting Assistant Professor, College of Business, Sam Houston University, 1997-1999
- Economist, Welch Consulting, 1995-1997
Selected Publications of Dwight Steward, Ph.D.
Selected Activities of Dwight Steward, Ph.D.
Fellow, Texas Labor and Employee Relations Consortium, 2011 to present
Visiting Scholar, University of Texas at Austin, Department of Economics, 2011-2012
President, University of Texas Army ROTC Alumni Association (Caissons), 2007-2009
Field Artillery Officer, U.S. Army Reserve, 1990-1998, Honorably discharged; rank of First Lieutenant
Dissertation Scholar, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, 1995
Member, American Economic Association, Society for Human Resource Management, and National Association of Forensic Economist, Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society